Merseytravel is once again offering free bus services on Christmas Day 2019, to help people make hospital visits or to spend time with their friends and family. Buses will operate a limited service from around 12 noon until around 6pm on routes serving hospitals across Merseyside.
Details are included in Merseytravel’s guide to public transport services during Christmas and New Year that is now available. The guide also includes information about Merseyrail, bus services, Mersey Ferries and Mersey Tunnels to help people travel around the region during the festive season.
Cllr Liam Robinson, Liverpool City Region Combined Authority Transport Portfolio Holder, said: “We’ve been providing these special Christmas day bus services for more than 30 years now because without them we know it would be very difficult and potentially costly for many people to see their loved ones on Christmas Day.
“Over the years we’ve found that people also use the buses to visit friends and family along the routes and we would encourage as many people as possible to make use of them.”
Free buses will operate a limited service on the following routes,
- 10A Queen Square Bus Station to St Helens Bus Station
- 12A Queen Square Bus Station to Huyton via Stockbridge Village
- 21A Queen Square Bus Station to Tower Hill via Fazakerley
- 44 Formby, Duke Street to Crossens, Rufford Road via Southport Hospital
- 62A Crosby Islington to Aintree University Hospital via Bootle Strand
- 102 Broadgreen Hospital to Aintree University Hospital via Croxteth
- 201 Queen Square Bus Station to Speke Morrisons via Royal Liverpool
- 410 New Brighton Morrisons to Clatterbridge Hospital via Birkenhead
- H1 New Brighton Morrisons to Mill Park via Arrowe Park Hospital
- H2 St Helens Bus Station to Whiston Hospital via Portico Church
- H3 St Helens Bus Station to Whiston Hospital via Sutton Manor
Hospitals that will be served by the Free Christmas Day Bus Services include Aintree University, Alder Hey, Arrowe Park, Broadgreen, Clatterbridge, Liverpool Women’s, Royal Liverpool, Southport, and Whiston Hospital.
No other bus services, trains or Mersey Ferries will operate on Christmas Day.
The Kingsway (Wallasey) and the Queensway (Birkenhead) Mersey Tunnels will be open throughout the holiday period. Both tunnels will be toll-free from 10pm on Tuesday 24th December until 6am on Thursday 26th December.
For the complete guide to public transport services please visit merseytravel.gov.uk/travel-updates.2 comments