The Go-Ahead Group, Transport for London, Transdev Blazefield, Grey’s of Ely, Stephensons of Essex, and Lucketts Travel are just some of the leading bus and coach operators gearing up to appear in the Master Class Theatre at Euro Bus Expo.
Representatives from Confederation of Passenger Transport UK (CPT), Transport Focus, Bus Users UK, and LowCVP have also now been announced. For this year’s visitors, it’s an unrivalled opportunity to hear public transport leaders and influencers sharing their expertise and insights into the opportunities, challenges and big trends ahead.
Confirmed topics include everything from the ramifications of Brexit to open government data, from air quality to driver recruitment and retention, from the DVSA earned recognition scheme to bus safety standards, from passenger engagement and loyalty to customer satisfaction.
Claire Mann, director of bus operations at Transport for London, is one of seven new speakers for 2018. In her second day session (1nd Nov), she’ll be discussing TfL’s new Bus Safety Standard, which will be incorporated into bus operator contracts from the end of 2018 (alongside the requirement for Intelligent Speed Assistance (ISA), which was previously independently trialled).
“Euro Bus Expo provides a great opportunity for collaboration and to share new and exciting developments within the industry. I’m really looking forward to talking about our world-leading Bus Safety Standard as we look to revolutionise bus safety in London,” says Ms Mann.
Thomas Ableman, founder and CEO of Snap Travel Technology is also making his speaker debut (1st Nov). Dubbed ‘uber for coaches’ by the UK’s national media, Ableman’s on-demand coach booking platform Sn-ap has been used by more than 100,000 passengers since its launch two years ago. He’ll be outlining how his app is transforming intercity travel for a new generation of coach passengers and his plans to grow the network across the UK.
- Speaker highlights also include:
- Martin Dean, president of the CPT and MD – bus development at The Go-Ahead Group: The changing face of the UK’s bus and coach market – matching services with customers
- Meera Nayyar, passenger experience team leader – buses and taxis at Department for Transport: Open data and the Government’s ambitions
- Anthony Smith, chief executive of Transport Focus: Getting more and happier passengers on your service
- Steven Salmon, director of policy development at the CPT: Potential Brexit implications for UK and EU bus and coach operations
- Bill Hiron, MD of Stephenson’s of Essex & Keith McNally, operations director at the CPT: Driver recruitment and retention in the bus and coach industry
If you want to keep a pace with all the latest developments, then make sure Euro Bus Expo is a firm fixture in your calendar,” says Martin Dean, president of the CPT and MD – bus development at The Go-Ahead Group.
“Euro Bus Expo is a great opportunity to network with industry colleagues and suppliers, as well as see the latest developments on products and services and ponder over the challenges that lie ahead,” says Bill Hiron, MD of Stephensons of Essex and current chairman of ALBUM, the Association of Local Bus Company Managers.
For further details, including seminar timings and summaries, please visit eurobusxpo.com/masterclass.